You Are Reading

Saturday 27 July 2013

Research into Creative CV's

After collating this research, it's made me realise my branding should speak for itself, simply, so the attention is primarily on my work. On the other hand my creative CV and promotional pack should feature innovative solutions to presenting this work and break from standard formats. At this period in time I didn't want to  rush my branding and designed something that I was comfortable with at this stage...however I intend to do a mass overhaul of my personal branding and make it, simpler, cleaner, bolder and more functional for its purpose, i.e. a stronger concept behind it.

At the moment my branding was based around the manipulation of my initials, I thought this was too cliche so I turned to creating a picture with this manipulation of letters. Thus creating a bear face which represented my illustrative capabilities and also portrayed the message of... Powerful ideas.





Benjamin has created a line of craft-paper bags filled with locally-roasted coffee and screen printed them himself. The coffee bags feature his skills, qualifications and represent Benjamin’s artistic philosophy.


“I wanted to grab someone’s attention. People take design too seriously, especially when searching for jobs. I basically wanted to say “Hey, I know that you are busy and have a team full of great people, but I can get the job done too.” - This is a strong point that I'll keep in mind when it comes to producing a creative CV that I'll actually be mailing out, (as oppose to the one I'm doing at the moment which is used to arrange and gather my information, ready for future self branding development.)


Miguel has created his genius milk carton resume specifically to get a job at a Wieden + Kennedy, an advertising agency in London. He’s still waiting for the answer.



My advice to myself in light of this research is; Don't be cliche, don't try and make an idea better, Make something you think of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.