You Are Reading

Friday 19 July 2013

What is a CV - Study task 8

Part 1 - Identify a minimum of 10 designer's, studios or practitioners that you intend to contact with a view to organising a range of studio visits.

Poke

Biscuit Building
10 red church street
London, e2 7dd
020 7749 5353
hello@pokelondon.com



Magpie Studio

Hope House
12A Perseverance Works
38 Kingsland Road
London e2 8dd
+44 (0)20 7729 3007
hello@magpie-studio.com


The Chase
Royalty House
72-74 Dean Street
London
w1d 3sg
T - 0207 297 0370
Enquiries; london.enquiries@thechase.co.uk
Placements; london.placements@thechase.co.uk

The Partners


General Enquiries
+44 207 608 0051
info@the-partners.com

Business enquiries
Matt Millington
+44 207 689 4616
mattm@the-partners.com

Media relations & PR
Meghan Hagerty
+44 207 689 4576
meghan@the-partners.com

Recruitment & Placements
Amy Baxter
info@the-partners.com
- See more at: http://www.the-partners.com/contact#sthash.puE8nFa0.dpuf

GBH

Chiswick Station House
Burlington Lane
London w4 3hb
+44(0)20 87 42 2277
studio@gregorybonnerhale.com

Imagination - global


IMAGINATION LONDON
25 STORE STREET
SOUTH CRESCENT
LONDON WC1E 7BL
UK
T +44 (0) 20 7323 3300


LBi UK

146 Brick Lane
London e1 6ru
Phone: +44 207 063 6465
enquiries@lbi.com

Glad

Suite 4, Harrison House
Hawthorn Terrace
Durham, DH1 4EL

T 0191 384 0983
hello@weareglad.com

Buddy

Eagle Yard Studios
Tudor Street
Exeter ex4 3br
hello@buddycreative.com
+44(0) 1392 274121

Turner Duckworth

Voysey House
Barlow Mow Passage
London w4 4ph
+44(0)20 8994 7190
Contact Moira Riddell
moira@turnerduckworth.co.uk


After a lot of enquiries trying to sort out work experience, it appeared that a large number of the bigger firms, were only interested in graduates. Although I've had no response from my main choice; POKE in London, I won't give up in contacting them again when my portfolio is placed together. I was fairly happy with the responses that I gained, they'd took the time to answer the questions I'd asked them and some even said get in touch when I graduate and they'd be happy to see me.

All in all it was a big learning curve, I could have the best portfolio in the course, but that wouldn't get my foot in the door. It's made me realise that gaining experience is about who you know. As others have proved. However, I managed to secure a work placement at an International firm, working with their designer in the marketing sector, with a company called DAMMS International. Although they're not a design studio, it will give me an opportunity to see how a large industrial business operates especially in a design sense.

PART TWO

Once again, in the process of decreasing my pdf so it was suitable for Issuu, the file again distorted the components of my logo, making the joins look irregular. In my original files this is not the case.

Over Summer I'll be altering and developing my self branding until I feel it conveys my true ambitions as a designer and doesn't take too much emphasis away from the work I'm producing. My final creative CV should be a lot better than the one below but I felt as a starting point to develop this was sufficient enough. I still have experience to convey on this CV, and because I haven't really had any yet worth mentioning, I've left this part blank.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.