You Are Reading

Saturday 3 August 2013

A Design Presence



Focus / Type Manipulation / Stephen Maher

Theme / Powerful Ideas

Communicate / Illustrative & Branding interests


Idea : design a character through the manipulation of type, i.e. SM logo.

This should not only include my logo, but also signify powerful ideas... while representing my creative interests.


After designing my primary logo of SM, I decided that it was a very cliche approach to simply combine my initials, so sought on creating a logo that was more interesting and had a bit more depth to its communication. 

I used components of my initial logo to create the face of a bear (significant of powerful 'ideas') which I then designed into a badge which could be used among letterheads, envelopes, stamps, business cards etc.

The idea behind my business card was to combine a matte background, with a spot varnished Logo.

To make the business card seem that bit better I designed a potential sleeve for the business card, however I think this is impractical and unnecessary.
Online Presence...

Despite my self identity looking visually pleasing and filling the criteria I set out designing for. I'm not really happy with it, I feel it takes too much emphasis away from my work and contains far too many elements. I aim to rebrand myself in the near future, simplifying my identity, using less colours and creating a stronger conceptual approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.