You Are Reading

Thursday 22 September 2011

Why Am I Here? - What Do I Want to Learn

Identify and explain five reasons why you chose to study on this programme...


1. The course has a reputation for producing a very high standard of work, meaning the competition would be very high, this would spur me too produce something better.
2. The university had over 500 applicants, and only 50 places. It speaks for itself.
3. The course structure is very intense, meaning I'd be constantly developing myself as a Designer through various challenges.
4. I want to develop/find my own unique style, that I can put MY label on. The only way to do this is by experimenting with different aspects of design.
5. To become a professional designer, I would have to organise my time and become prepared for what awaits after university.


Identify and explain five things that you want to learn during your time on the programme...


1. I want too use the equipment and software effectively, broadening my understanding of programmes such as Illustrator, I'd like to know the most suitable programme to use depending on the aspect of design I'm approaching.
2. A better knowledge of Graphic Design outside educational grounds
3. How to deliver a concept with effect, infront of a large audience. This skill would be very useful in later life.
4. How to network myself successfully, using all the resources possible to get noticed, building a foundation of contacts.
5. Combining two methods of Design, for example: Silk screening and Foiling, I'd love to be able to create a professional piece made up of numerous layers and colour tones.


Identify and explain 5 skills that you think are your strengths


1. Using Illustration within my designs, I tend to work with medium sized fine liners, creating bold lines, using them to emphasise and create depth to my images. 
2. Working within Photoshop, I've tried multiple Photoshop tutorials, and have been using the software for a while, a large proportion of my work is done through this programme & I feel I can use the software effectively to portray my ideas.
3. Layout/ Page design is something I have always tried to execute in my work, a good layout can make the poorest design look appealing.
4. Perfectionist, I won't finish a piece of work until it looks exactly right.
5. Photography, exploring and experimenting with the strangest shots can sometimes result in the best outcomes when brought into certain designs.


Identify and explain 5 things you want to improve 


1. Time management, I always complete my work, however I'd like to manage my time better for further development, this should result in better developed designs.
2. My knowledge and understanding of other designers could be greater, I know various famous designers, but I'd like to discover more underground designers.
3. The detail of my illustrations, thinking more 'out of the box' should create some new and interesting detail.
4. My skills in Adobe Illustrator, this means creating typefaces etc
5. My experimentation in the Practical side of Graphic Design, such as; Package Design and Screen printing.


Identify 5 questions that you want to find the answer to


1. What's the most successful way of Branding and Promoting myself as a Designer?
2. How can I make the most money possible as a Graphic Designer?
3. How can I get myself into the best work placements?
4. How do you create your own digital typefaces?
5. How do you create a detailed website?


Identify and explain 5 ways that you will evaluate your progress


1. Embracing constructive criticism and acting on it.
2. Using the Moodle forums and other blogging sites, talking to others about ideas and personal work.
3. Feedback from my peers, through peer assessment and reviews.
4. Talking to practicing professionals and using opportunities such as; work placement, to see how my methods of action compare to theirs. 
5. Looking back over my previous work, observing where I've improved, and where needs to be improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.